The K-1700-3 provides a tough and attractive handsfree phone for apartment, and residential door entry or applications requiring a vandal resistant speaker phone.
When the “Call” button is pressed, the K-1700-3 returns dial tone. The keypad may then be used to dial any number. If no Touch Tone is entered within 8 seconds, CPC is detected, a busy signal is detected, or the programmable maximum call time has elapsed, the K- 1700-3 will automatically disconnect. Alternatively, the K-1700-3 may be disconnected by pressing the “Call” button again. The K-1700-3 comes complete with a standard, flush mount, rough-in box. In addition, an optional weather resistant, surface mount box is available
For outdoor or harsh environments, the K-1700-3 is available with Enhanced Weather Protection (EWP). EWP products feature rubber gaskets and boots, closed cell foam gasketing, hand soldered silicon sealed connections, anti-corrosive gel filled butt connectors, as well as urethane encapsulated circuit boards with internally sealed, field-adjustable trim POTS and DIP switches.
- Vandal Resistant Features: 14 gauge, louvered, stainless steel faceplate with stainless steel speaker/mic screen, heavy duty metal keypad and “Call” button
- Optional Enhanced Weather Protection (EWP)
- Yellow “in use” LED
- Volume adjustments for microphone and speaker
- Advanced call progress detection: disconnects on busy signal, return to dial tone, CPC reorder tone, maximum call time out and selectable silence time out
- Selectable auto-answer feature
- Selectable push button disconnect
- Zinc plated steel rough-in box with (2) 3/4” conduit knockouts
- Optional VE-6x7 Surface Mount Box available
- Selectable maximum call time
- Selectable VOX switching speed
- K-1700-3-EWP conforms to NEMA requirements