Product DescriptionThe Bogen SM1EZ Easy Install ® Paging Speaker is surface-mount speaker, designed to typically install in less than a minute. Installation is a simple, three-step process that does not require tools. First, two specially-designed studs pierce the ceiling tile. Second, two custom-designed wing nuts secure the speaker to the ceiling. Third, standard wire nuts make the electrical connection directly to the color-coded studs. The SM1EZ is lightweight, durable speakers with a low-profile contemporary design, making them versatile enough to be installed in just about any installation with standard ceiling tiles.
The SM1EZ is a 1-watt single-tap speaker. This model has an exterior volume control for easy balancing that is easily accessible, but doesn’t attract tampering.
- Installs in less than a minute
- High intelligibility and efficiency
- Direct and reflected sound paths create wide dispersion angle
- Lightweight and durable plastic shell with a paintable finish
- Simple, three-step installation process
- No tool(s) installation
- Color-coded mounting studs identify polarity to make the electrical connection easier (no external wires)
- High-quality, wire-wound volume control on outside of speaker for easy access
- Can be installed in any drop ceiling with standard ceiling tiles
- Surface-mounting design eliminates need to cut ceiling tile, no mess installation
- Contemporary design blends/matches any décor
- SM1EZ has a single, 1-watt tap
- O-ring seal holds speaker tight to ceiling surface, eliminating whistling and ensures smoother sound without peaks
- Smooth-topped studs easily pierce ceiling tile and secure wire nut connections
- Wide-bottom, easy-to-handle mounting wing nuts provide secure speaker mounting
- All necessary mounting hardware included
- Complies with NFPA National Code 160b and UL-2043. Report available.
- Requires the SMTB Tile Bridge