The PB-100 hardware and software provides inexpensive PC to Telephony applications on an open source basis and makes it easy to create your own application solutions using standard programming languages such as Microsoft’s Visual Basic®. Applications such as message announcement centers, voice dialers and auto attendants may easily be created to your custom specifications.
The PB-100 accepts simple ASCII serial commands to seize the phone line, dial or decode DTMF Touch Tones, watch for busy signal, detect loop status, perform timed hook-switch flashes or hang-up the line. If your PC is equipped with a sound card, the audio ports can also be coupled to the phone line through the PB-100 for voice recording or playing announcements using standard file formats such as .wav files.
The PB-100 hardware features a serial port interface, an “AUDIO IN” and “AUDIO OUT” port, an analog C.O. line interface and an analog phone port. Several pre-written applications are included and can be installed for use. In addition, all available source code is provided to allow changes or improvements to existing programs.
- Compatible with Windows 95, 98, ME, NT 4.0, 2000 and XP
- Male sub-D 9 pin cable provided 20 digit Touch Tone buffer
- Accepts standard RS-232 ASCII commands
- Dials Touch Tones 0-9, *, # and 2 second pauses
- Audio In jack for playing announcements
- Audio Out jack for recording announcements
- Able to send and receive 1200 baud data
- Analog C.O. line port
- Analog phone port