The PF-6A power failure bypass system makes it possible to receive calls during phone system and power outages. The PF-6A bypass unit connects 6 pre-assigned single line station phones directly to user-assigned C.O. trunks. A built-in ground start converter permits outbound calls from standard phones.
When the system is restored, calls in progress are not lost. The PF-6A bypass unit will reconnect phones to their station circuits after they become idle.
The PF-6A can be configured to operate when power is lost or from an opening/closing of an alarm contact or manual closure.
Alternatively, the PF-6A can be used to convert six incoming ground start lines to loop start lines. This accommodates installation of telephony equipment requiring loop start lines (example: key systems, call sequencers, answering machines, voice mail, etc.)
- Transfers six C.O. trunks directly to the designated analog station phones
- Stackable to increase capacity
- Allows user to receive calls, as well as make calls during power or system failure
- Compatible with loop start lines or 48V ground start lines
- Automatic ground start converter eliminates “ground start buttons”
- Power restoration will not interrupt calls in progress
- Operates on power failure or normally open - normally closed alarm contacts