Viking’s Universal Telecom/Paging Interface allows you to provide paging from nearly any phone system instead of from a microphone. You can also provide background music and electronic night bell over the audio system.
In the event a paging port is not available, the PI-1 can provide talk battery to allow connection of the public address system to an unused trunk input on the phone system.
The electronic night bell feature is activated by a standard ringing analog PABX/KSU station circuit or by a common audible contact closure provided by an electronic key system.
The PI-1 features a built-in voice activated (VOX) or AC ring activated relay which provides D.P.D.T. contacts for muting background music during paging or to provide an electronic night bell. These contacts are necessary when interfacing with systems such as Panasonic, South Western activated Bell, Intertel, etc., which do not provide a paging contact closure.
- Floating 600 ohm output
- Selectable 12V DC talk battery for interfacing with unused trunk ports
- Paging port interface
- Ringing analog line input for night bell
- Contact closure input for night bell
- Normally open and normally closed VOX activated contacts for cutting out background music
- Adjustable VOX contact time-out
- Adjustable ring volume