The VAR1 Voice-Activated Relay for Paging System by Bogen is designed to detect voltages signals directly from a microphone or as high as 70V speaker systems, with multiple applications such as muting a sound system in response to a page announcement, activation of accesories or activation of a paging zone.
A low-level output of the detected audio, transformer-isolated from the input, is also made available for use with other equipment. The VAR1 can also be used as a balanced, low-impedance microphone pre-amp.
The VAR1 is ideally suited to provide a set of contact closures for paging ports of lower cost telephone systems that do not have a set of AUX contacts to trigger paging equipment. An adjustable release delay (up to 25 seconds) keeps the paging system from dropping out in the middle of a page.
- VOX Sensitivity: 20 mV to 150 mVrms @ 600 ohms Line input
- Time Delay Range (approx.): 0.25 to 25 sec.
- Relay Contact Rating: 2A/30V DC, 0.5A/120V AC
- Power Requirements: External 12V to 24V DC @ 100mA (sold separately)
- Dimensions: 5-3/8" W × 3-7/8" H × 1-3/8" D
- Product Weight: 1 lb.
- Impedance: 600 ohms
- Frequency Response: 100 Hz to 10 kHz
- 70V Input Impedance: 200k ohms
- Output Level: 400 mVrms
- 25V Input Impedance: 75k ohms
- Output Level: 420 mVrms
- Gain: 62 dB
- Sensitivity: 750 microvolts, rms for 1Vrms out
- Distortion: < 2%
- Frequency Response: 200 Hz to 10 kHz
- Output Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 55 dB