The PS-8E-LP Fire Alarm Power Supply 220V (8 Amp) by EATON is one of the best power supplies for fire alarms in the industry. This remote power supply and battery charger in a low profile cabinet used for supervision and expanded power driving capability of fire alarm Notification Appliance Circuits (NAC). This power supply is regulated, filtered and provides 8 amps of power distributed across 4 outputs.
The Wheelock POWERPATH NAC series can accommodate 7 AH batteries inside its lockable chassis. Using an external battery cabinet it can charge up to 33 AH batteries (pending UL testing). Two FACP NAC circuits or two “Dry” contact initiating circuits can be connected to the inputs.
These inputs can then be directed to control supervision and power delivery to any combination of the four (4) outputs. Each output is rated at 3.0 Amps (Class “B”) or (Class “A”) and can be programmed to generate a steady or Code 3 temporal horn sound and a strobe output under alarm condition. Total load for PS-8-LP NAC circuits must not exceed the power supplies rated output.
- Weight: 11.5lbs. (Ship) 9.4lbs (Unit)
- Dimensions: 17”H x 13”W x 3.5”D
- Enclosure can house up to two 7 AH batteries
- Input voltage range 8 to 33 VDC
- Input Current @ 12 VDC 0.005 amps
- Input Current @ 24 VDC 0.005 amps
- Four (4) Class B or
- Two (2) Class A or\ 24 VDC @ up to 3 amps per circuit
- One (1) Class A and Two (2) Class “B” or
- 8 Class B or 4 Class A (optional PS-EXP module necessary)
Continuous duty up to 3 Amps per circuit, up to 4 Amps maximum per panel
Standby Current 0.129 Amps
Alarm Current 0.129 Amps
Secondary Power Charging Capacity 32 Amp hours @ 0.750 Amps per hour
- CP Mode PS-8-LP up to 250 mA
- MP Mode 2.5A during non alarm